Summer Worship Arts Artist-In-Residence 2022
Triangle Grace Church believes worship is an essential component to shape God’s people spiritually. Our desire is for worship participants to acknowledge and experience God’s presence during our times of worship together. Our worship services combine both contemporary worship songs and hymnody embracing a wide array of music genres.
The Summer Worship Arts Artist-in-Residence (SAIR) will help organize, plan, and lead music and worship that is engaging, meaningful, and effective drawing participants into the presence of God. The primary responsibility of SAIR will be to provide vocal and instrumental leadership for our Sunday morning praise songs in our services with our praise band. Secondary responsibilities include additional music performances in worship and providing worship leadership in other settings outside Sunday morning as needs arise.
Click here for the full job description.
The Research Triangle of North Carolina offers an exciting venue to spend the summer with the NC mountains and beaches within a 2-3 hour drive. There is a strong young professional vibe in the area with Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill within 5 miles of our church with a growing music presence in our area.
Our hope is to find a young, emerging artist who seeks to develop his or her leadership gifts in the context of Triangle Grace Church and in turn can assist the church in developing its ministry of worship arts.
Summary of Specifics:
· Dates: May 23-August 21, 2022
· Weekly Hours: 15 per week
· Stipend: $6,000
· Optional lodging available
· Opportunities to utilize the facilities and resources of TGC will be made available to the SAIR to pursue their own personal career development, performances, band creation, song writing, recording, etc. as approved by church leadership upon request.
Triangle Grace Church is a Presbyterian Church, evangelical and reformed in its theology, and a part of the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO). We are located in Durham, North Carolina.
Please send the following package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Cover Letter
· Video and/or audio recording of worship leadership (if available)
· 3 References - include both phone numbers and email addresses
· Brief statement of faith